In this workshop, you will learn to use stories to build strong connections, to engage, and to motivate people to action. Get hands-on practice, listen to great examples of powerful storytelling and take away tools that will help you identify and shape stories for different audiences.
- Discover the stories of your organization or business so they can become a powerful resource to inspire people to act.
- Identify the basic building blocks of an impactful story structure.
- Demonstrate concrete ways to shape stories for different audiences and make stories memorable and actionable.
- Identify, develop and practise telling a story that relates to a specific goal or audience you need to connect with in your work so that your stories work for you—selling your products or services, pitching to funders, calling donors to action.
- Learn dynamic listening techniques for “catching” stories and powerful questions that can draw stories out in others.
NOTE: This workshop is open to the public. It's offered in conjunction with the Editors Canada conference: Bridging Communities—Bringing together communication-related professions.
Rates: Editors Canada members $99, non-members $129