Two half days (mornings) - Thursdays, October 18 & 25, 2018
8:15 a.m. to 12:00 noon both days
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
Stories are a powerful way to connect, engage, and motivate people to take action. That makes story a “heavy lifter” when it comes to leadership.
NOTE: This workshop has been expanded to two half days, giving participants more time to explore and practice effective story structures for different leadership situations, as well as get more one-on-one feedback.
Much has been made of using stories to influence others, but it goes beyond that. Stories are a compelling way to align a team to mission and values, open up conversations, build cohesion and commitment, and inspire goal-directed action.
In this workshop you will be provided the opportunity and tools to succinctly identify and articulate your own unique contribution in your current role; discover and tell your own story of strength as well as stories that can lead others to action; explore and practice story structures to use in coaching situations, difficult conversations, to connect with your team and inspire action in others.
The Power of Story is a two-part workshop designed to give leaders the tools to:
- Identify the essential elements of a powerful story.
- Articulate your own purpose succinctly.
- Discover and tell your strongest leadership stories.
- Explore and practice a winning story structure to take you from elevator pitch to difficult conversation.
- Listen effectively and ask the right questions to draw story out of others.
- Structure and tell a strong story of impact.
- Generate mission statements to guide conversations and teams.
- Explore and practice an effective story structure that inspires actions and connects with teams.
(PHOTO CREDIT: RICARDO ANNONDALE / UNSPLASH.COM
Location: QNET - Suite 660, 175 Hargrave Street, Winnipeg
QNET Member Rate: $369.00 + GST
Partner Rate (APICS, MB Aerospace, IPL Manitoba): $369.00 + GST
Non-Member Rate: $439.00 + GST | Join QNET